General Aviation A&P
US Aviation Academy is currently hiring licensed Airframe and Powerplant Mechanics for our Denton, Texas location. We operate multiple locations across North Texas, and are expanding! As a major function of an international flight training academy, our mechanics maintain a large fleet of over 100 fixed-wing aircraft including Cessna 152, Cessna 172, Piper Seneca, Beech King Air 90. Mechanics build experience quickly as they learn and develop their skill set under experienced mechanics. Advanced training and leadership opportunities are also available.
This position works as a team-member performing inspections, repairs, and preventative maintenance on piston flight training aircraft. A successful candidate will possess the appropriate personality to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a constant focus on safety and quality. Apply now, using the button down below.
- A&P Certificate
- 2 or more years of Piston Aircraft experience (or related experience)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Eligible for employment in the U.S.
- Tools required
- Be able to read, write, and understand the English language
- Be able to lift/carry up to 75lbs, push-pull, walking, sitting, standing, climbing, kneeling, bending, crouching, and reaching
- 4 or more years of Piston Aircraft experience
- FAA Inspection Authorization
- Private Pilot Certificate
- High Performance experience
- Avionics Experience
- Perform efficient troubleshooting, aircraft maintenance, and repair in accordance with applicable regulations, manufacturer’s instructions, and company policies
- Ensure consistent, accurate aircraft maintenance records by properly documenting & completing required forms, computer entries, and logbook entries
- Follow all policies and procedures
- Keep a clean and orderly work environment
- Perform job duties in a safe manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
Compensation and Benefits
- $25-35 per hour depending on experience and ratings
- Free corporate housing available for up to 30 days
- Sign-on bonus up to $2000
- Discounts toward flight training
- Health, Dental, Vision and 401k upon full employment
- Relocation allotment if applicable
Hiring now. Please fill out the application below. A hiring manager will be looking to contact you once your application has been submitted. Thank you for your interest as an A&P Mechanic at US Aviation Academy.