International Student Entry Process

To ensure you will be able to start flight training upon your arrival at US Aviation Academy, please follow these instructions:

Pay the I-20 Fee & Submit Form

All international students are required to have an I-20 Form to gain entry into the United States. A non-refundable fee of $250 is required to compile and submit your I-20 information. Upon receipt of your I-20 fee and your completed I-20 Information form, US Aviation Academy will send you an acceptance letter, your completed I-20 and your quote for flight training. Please thoroughly read the information given herein and carefully follow the instructions to begin the enrollment process. If you will also need an M-2 for dependents, additional information will be requested and submission of a DS-156 Nonimmigrant Visa Application is required. There is a $50 fee per dependent to process documentation for M-2s. We must have documentation reflecting adequate funds required for the full price of training (based on pricing quote). This documentation can be any of the following or a combination of the following:
  • Bank statement issued no more than thirty (30) days prior to the date of the application:
    • Must be on the official letterhead of the financial institution
    • Must reflect the name of the account holder
    • Must indicate the currency being used for calculation (preferably US currency, but not required)
  • Loan approval document issued no more than sixty (60) days prior to the date of the application
    • Must be on the official letterhead of the financial lending institution
    • Must reflect the name of the account holder
    • Must indicate the currency being used for calculation (preferably US currency, but not required)
    • If a sponsor is paying for an individuals training, we must have a letter of financial responsibility from that sponsor, along with proof of identification of the sponsor (i.e. passport, driver license, green card, etc…)
* Before we ship your I-20, we must receive payment and all required documents

Apply Below to Start Your Enrollment Process

Click here to Submit Your Application and Receive Your I-20 Form

If you have any questions about the information requested, please schedule a Zoom Meeting below:

Schedule a 30 Minute Zoom Meeting

Request M-1 Student Visa

To obtain an M-1 Student Visa, call the nearest U.S. Embassy to set an interview appointment. Once you have successfully passed an interview, you will receive your M-1 visa. You will need to bring the following documents to your appointment at the US Embassy:
  • I-20 Form
  • Passport
  • Financial Statements and other supporting documents
  • Evidence you will return to your country upon completion of the course:
    • Down payment receipt
    • House or other hard assets in your home country
    • Job opportunities in your home country
    • Family relations
  • Receipt for payment of Form I-901 ($350)
  • Form DS-160 (Cost Varies)
During the interview the US Embassy will look for English skills, evidence you will return home after completion, and financial capability. We suggest you practice your interview with a friend or family member and research the aviation field in your home country. Two of the most important questions asked by the U.S. Embassy are as follows:
  • Why would you like to become a pilot?
  • What assurance can you give us that you will return to your home country after completion of your flight training?
You will be notified as to whether you have been approved or disapproved. If all is in order, the U.S. Embassy will provide you with an M-1 Student Visa permitting you to enter the United States. The length of time for this process varies from country to country. You may be asked to present to the U.S. Embassy a copy of US Aviation Academy’s Air Agency Certificate. To print a copy, click here: 141 Certificate

Request TSA (Transportation Security Administration) Clearance

It is very important that you begin the process of getting your TSA clearance as soon as you get an M-1 visa. Doing this before you arrive will ensure a quicker start to your training. The application processing fee for each course is $130. The name on the credit card used must match the name on the application. US Aviation can complete the fingerprinting portion upon arrival.

The TSA Clearance Process:

  • Go to
  • Click LOGIN → New Student Account
  • Complete all the requested information; if you have any questions, we can help you. Here are a few items that students usually need assistance in completing.
  • You MUST give your Last Name and Your First Name as they appear on your passport
  • Training Request Course Name: Initial
  • Aircraft Type is the particular aircraft model you will be flying to earn your rating, for example, Cessna 172
  • Category is 3; this signifies aircraft under 12,500 lbs
  • Pay the $130 processing fee directly to the TSA
  • You will also need to upload a color copy of your passport and your visa.

Payment for Student Pilot Training

Down payments required depend on the program you have chosen. It is important to send the requested down payment before you arrive in order to ensure housing availability and avoid delays due to lack of funds.

Student Pilot Training Agreement

Each student is required to sign a Student Pilot Training Agreement. If you would like to read the agreement and other entrance document paperwork in their entirety, please contact a representative through one of the contact forms.

You Are Almost Ready to Arrive!

Prior to your arrival in the United States, and AFTER receiving the M-1 Student Visa and submission of all required fees and payments to US Aviation Academy, you MUST provide us with the details of your travel arrangements. Please email us to provide the following flight information:
  • Name of the airline
  • Flight number
  • Flight arrival time at DFW International Airport
  • US Aviation requests that you take a Taxi from DFW International Airport to our location in Denton, Texas. Our address to give to the taxi is below:
    • 4850 Spartan Drive
    • Denton, TX, 76207

How do I get an I-20 Form to start the admission process?

Simply fill out the form on our website, here.  

Do You Want a Career as a Pilot?

Pilots are in higher demand than ever before! In a few short years, you can go from a high school graduate to a first officer at an airline, flying around the country in passenger jets. The need for pilots has never been greater. Airlines need you! Get ready to soar through the air and start your flight career today

Apply Now