Flight Training Financing is offered through a variety of our Collegiate Programs, as well as vocational financing are available through Meritize student loans.
Accelerated Flight Training Financing
Three Great Aviation Flight Training Financing Options from Our Lending Partners
Professional Pilot Financing StratusBecoming a pilot is your dream, but the cost of flight training can make it feel like that dream is out of reach. But we’re here to tell you: it doesn’t have to be that way. At Stratus Financial, they understand the unique needs of the aviation community. We know what it feels like to struggle to finance your passion. That’s why we’re here to help. Joined by an expert team of flight instructors and ground instructors, our team who have flown the same skies you have, will support you through all stages of your training, from the moment you step into a cockpit to your first commercial airline job. They work hand in hand with our partner flight schools and financial advisors to create private student loans that make sense for your needs. This diverse range of loan products is designed to fit your unique financial situation, offering custom rates and terms that make sense to achieve your goals.
- Be 18 years old and a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Qualifying credit score
- Conditional approval in 1-2 Business days
- Fill in Borrower’s Information
- Click “Co-Borrower” if you have a Co-Signer
- Fill in Co-Borrower’s Information
- Click “Next“
- Fill your application completely
- Click “Next“
- Request up to $106,000 Loan Amount
Aviation Maintenance Financing with Stratus
Professional Pilot Financing MeritizeWe have partnered with Meritize to provide our students with financing options to fund their education*. With a Meritize Loan, you can get credit for your merit and potentially improve your loan options by sharing your academic history, armed forces background, or work experience. If approved, full deferment during school is available for certain products.
Check Your Loan Options in Minutes Without Impacting Your Credit Score!
- Provide Your Basic Information
- Select “US Aviation Academy” under School Name
- Select “Denton” under Campus
- Select “Professional Pilot Training” under Program
- Request up to $112,000 Loan Amount
- Select “Military Veteran Professional Pilot Training” under Program
- Request up to $21,000 Loan Amount
Aviation Maintenance Financing with Meritize
* Meritize branded loan products are educational loans issued by Blue Ridge Bank (“Bank”), National Association, Member FDIC. The Bank and Meritize reserve the right to modify or discontinue products and benefits at any time without notice. To qualify, a borrower must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or hold a valid work authorization document, and meet the Bank’s underwriting requirements. If approved for a loan, the actual loan amount, term, payment, and APR amount of the loan that a customer qualifies for may vary based on credit determination, state law, and other factors.
Professional Pilot Financing ZuntafiThis financing option was created by a financial institution that recognizes the need for this profession and is passionate about providing students with a helpful financing solution. The program is available to qualified U.S. citizens and permanent residents. To be eligible for this private student loan, the borrower or their cosigner must meet eligibility requirements, including:
- 3 years of positive credit history
- Verifiable annual gross income of $18,000 or greater for the most recent two years
- Qualifying credit score
- Click “Student Loans” drop-down menu
- Click “Flight“
- Select “Texas” from the drop-down menu
- Select “US Aviation Academy” from the second drop-down menu
- Student Pilot Blue Box
- Click “Apply Now“
- Request up to $100,000 Loan Amount
- Request up to $20,000 Loan Amount (For Veterans)
Aviation Maintenance Financing with Zuntafi
Collegiate Program Flight Training FinancingFinancing is also available through US Aviation’s collegiate partners including Tarrant County College, Lone Star College, and Liberty University online for those in need of financing. Take the next step in your career today!
Tarrant County College FinancingStudents will be responsible for paying Tarrant County College’s tuition, flight costs, books and equipment. TCC’s 2019 tuition rate is $64 per semester hour for Tarrant County residents, $126 per hour for other Texas residents and $305 per hour for students located outside of Texas. Please refer to TCC’s website for the most current rates. Compared to a private college, such as the University of North Dakota, which also offers a pilot program and charges $312 per semester hour for North Dakota residents, these are some of the most affordable rates available today. Books and equipment are estimated to cost $2,000. Flight training costs vary depending on fuel and other costs, so a current quote will be needed to get an up-to-date rate. Benefits of partnering with TCC include: Benefits of partnering with TCC include:
- Greater financing options to its students when compared to other flight schools.
- Scholarship availability
- Government financial aid (FAFSA)
- Payment plans
In addition to these aids, TCC also accepts veterans’ and military benefits—like a GI Bill®. TCC has provided useful information for veterans’ benefits that you can view here.Find more information about Tarrant County College financing programs here.
United States Service Members and VeteransIf you served at least 3 years of Active Duty time, you may qualify for up to 36 months of educational benefits through the Post 9/11 GI Bill®. At 100% eligibility, you have options to cover flight training with your VA Benefits. National Guard or Reservist may only qualify for a certain percentage based on eligibility and time in service. The Post 9/11 GI Bill® cannot pay for your
Vocational Post 9/11 GI Bill® Flight Training
- $15,075.05 (as of March 2023) Resets August
- Reimbursement Based
- Takes 12 Months of Benefits
- No Housing Allowance
Collegiate Post 9/11 GI Bill® Flight Training
- $26,381.37 (as of March 2023) Resets August
- Yellow Ribbon Qualified (In select programs)
- Upfront Payment
- Months Used Only When Enrolled
- BAH Based on College Location