United Aviate Program
United plans to reduce financial barriers to joining the program, making the dream of becoming a United pilot even more accessible to more individuals. The carrier is currently engaging with financial institutions with the goal of making attractive financing terms – such as industry-tailored grace periods and competitive interest rates – available to qualified individuals. Additionally, United plans to launch a scholarship program specifically focused on encouraging women and minorities to consider joining the United family. The airline will provide more details regarding these financing options as they become available.
Aviate partners currently include US Aviation Academy and select prestigious colleges across the United States.
Aviate: Love to fly, born to lead
Last year, United launched Aviate, its innovative pilot recruitment and development program. Those who apply to Aviate and are successful in the selection process will receive a program acceptance job offer with United. Aviate also provides support and coaching for pilots to develop into leaders who exemplify the professionalism, level of excellence and commitment to providing safe, caring, dependable and efficient service that United expects from its pilots. Additionally, Aviate provides those who aspire to a career as a United captain with the most direct route to achieving that goal.
United’s Aviate career path program offers pilots competitive benefits, including:
- The most direct path within the industry to a major airline, with an Aviate regional partner minimum requirement of 24 months and 2,000 hours
- More options in program entry points throughout a pilot’s career and choice of select United Express carriers
- Increased transparency and clarity along the path from program entry to flying for United
- Improved career development, mentoring and access to United pilots and learning tools.
- Immediate inclusion in the United family, with access to senior leadership, site visits and tours, and certain travel privileges
For more information on Aviate, please visit unitedaviate.com