US Aviation Welcomes Cadets from China Southern Airlines
US Aviation Academy received a class of pilot cadets (#120) from China Southern Airlines this week welcoming 26 new students to the GYI campus.
About American Flight School
The cadets were greeted by management and staff upon their arrival at DFW Airport early Tuesday morning and transported to their living quarters in Sherman, TX. The students enjoyed a hearty breakfast and a shopping trip to the Asian Market for specialist food items to stock their pantries.
Christy Williams – “New Surroundings is a critical part.”
“Providing the students with provisions, accommodations and guidelines for assimilation into their new surroundings is a critical part of the overall orientation process,” said Christy Williams, Director of Housing for US Aviation Academy. “We rely on our student services team to make certain each cadet feels welcome and understand the role each of us play to make their stay enjoyable and conducive to a productive and robust training environment.”
Mark Taylor – “US Aviation Academy is leading the way.”
Executive Vice-President and Chief Development Officer for US Aviation Academy, Mark Taylor stated, “This group of cadets is class #120 with class #121 arriving from China in a few weeks. US Aviation Academy is leading the way for growth in the international flight training market and we are preparing to open another domestic student campus a few weeks from now in affiliation with Lone Star College, Montgomery campus at Conroe, TX.”
China Southern Airlines
China Southern is Asia’s largest airline operating over 2,000 flights to over 200 locations each day. Its headquarters and main hub are located at Guangzhou International Airport, with a secondary hub in Beijing Capital International Airport.
China Southern operates one of the world’s largest fleets with over 600 aircraft, the majority of which are wife and narrow-body Boeing and Airbus planes. Its network includes destinations in North America, Europe, Asia, Oceania, and the Middle East.
Airline Pilot Career Requirements
- Be a national of a country with diplomatic relations with the People’s Republic of China
- Hold a current, valid ATPL and Medical Certificate.
- Citizen of a member state of ICAO
- English level of ICAO 4 or above
- No criminal record
- 6,000 hours flight time in a turboprop or jet aircraft
- 3,000 PIC experience hours in the multi-engine, multi-crew commercial jet aircraft, with an MTOW above 50 tons.
- PIC Experience/Age Limitation
- The flight on type is within 180 days and the last proficiency check is valid.
- Category I ILS endorsement.
- If B777 Type Rated: 1,000 hours PIC on Type and Age at Application of less than 56.
- If not B777 Type Rated: 1,000 PIC hours in current type (MTOW greater 136 tons), and age at application less than 55 years old or 2,000 PIC hours in current type (MTOW less than 136 tons), and age at application less than 50 years old.
- Other type ratings: Airbus A330 and Boeing 787
About US Aviation
US Aviation currently operates a fleet of over 100 aircraft with an employee base of over 250 individuals. All of our fleet and partner crafts create an excellent learning and training experience for all of our students. Learn flight, maintenance, and control skills with our broad aircraft selection:
- Single Engine
We offer a selection of high-quality programs for all of our students. Our accelerated program is offered at our Denton Enterprise Airport (KDTO).
Contact us today for more information!