United Aviate Academy Program Benefits
- Direct Path to United
- Travel Privileges
- Development Events
Minimum Eligibility Requirements for United Aviate
- Hold a minimum of a Private Pilot Certificate.
- Hold a valid FAA medical certificate that was originally issued as a first-or second-class medical certificate.
- Be in good standing with your participating Aviate professional flight school.
- Have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Please note: Participants are required to have a bachelor’s degree by the time they transition to United as a First Officer unless they receive an exemption from United.
Regional Airline Options
Transition to United as a First Officer
- Once you complete your minimum transition requirements with United Express, you’ll be eligible to transition to United as a First Officer
- When a First Officer position opens with United and you’re at the top of the priority list, you’ll receive a job offer.
- The sooner you apply to the Aviate program, the higher priority you’ll have for a quicker transition from United Express to United.
- Once you join United as a First Officer, begin your dream career toward the left seat in the cockpit as a United Captain.
Crew Base Locations For Current Students and Instructors
- Chicago, IL (ORD) ideal for our Cape Girardeau, Missouri (CGI) Campus
- Houston, TX (IAH) ideal for our Conroe, Texas (CXO) and Kerrville, Texas (ERV) Campus
- Washington, DC (DCA) ideal for our Hudson Valley, New York (POU) Campus
Airlines Regularly Visit the Academy – Check Our Schedule!