Flight School Loans & Grants for Veterans

Private Pilot Funding for Veterans is the first major hurdle that all Veterans and Transitioning Service Members must consider when beginning their Flight Training. Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is a great resource that all Veterans should apply for to see how much they qualify for or if they have been denied traditional Education Loan options.
Flight Financing Collegiate Airline Apply

Private Pilot Funding For Veterans Using Federal Grants and Loans

  • Pell Grants (up to $6,495 per year)
  • First-Year Undergraduate (up to $9,500)
  • Second-Year Undergraduate (up to $10,500)
  • Third Year Undergraduate (up to $12,500)

How To Utilize Student Loans for Private Pilot Funding for Veterans

This is a slower process for beginning flight training, but if traditional methods of Education Loan options did not work, this is a great way to get started!

Getting Started…

  • Apply for FAFSA
  • Receive Award Letter with Funding Amount
  • Request Funding in Two Semesters
  • Enroll in Private Flight and Private Ground
  • Complete Private Pilot in Under 4 Months
Apply For FAFSA

How Soon Do I Get Funding?

The way FAFSA works is you will be awarded a yearly amount. You will coordinate with your Collegiate financial aid office who will disperse the funds throughout the academic year. For example, if you are awarded up to $15,000 you will receive $5,000 in the fall semester, $5,000 in the spring semester, and $5,000 in the summer semester. You can also request funding in two semesters rather than three.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.

Begin Your Adventure into Aviation