Flight Training Fort Hood
Flight Training for Fort Hood
- Private Pilot Certificate
- Instrument Rating
- Commercial Single-Engine
- Commercial Multi-Engine
- Certified Flight Instructor
- Certified Flight Instructor – Instrument
- Multi-Engine Instructor
Flight Training for Fort Hood Transitioning Soldiers
- Approx. 18 Months for Maximum Ratings
- Approx. 12 Months for Basic Ratings
- Private Pilot Requires Funding
- Employable as low as 14 Months
- Bachelor’s of Science in Aviation
- 120 Credit Hours for Graduation
- Maximize Veteran Benefits
- Can Be Completed in under 36 Months
Career SkillBridge Program
Career SkillBridge Internship (CSP)
- Private Pilot Certificate (2-4 Months)
- Instrument Rating (2 Months)
- Commercial Single-Engine (Stage 1 – 2 Months)
- Depending on individuals pace, SkillBridge Interns can begin their Commercial Single-Engine Training by the time they complete their Private Pilot, Instrument Rating and begin Commercial Stage 1.
Career SkillBridge Program (CSP) for Flight TrainingCareer SkillBridge Program (CSP) for Flight Training can be used by Transitioning Service Members at US Aviation Academy once they are within 180 days from their Expiration Terms of Service (ETS). The program is an excellent opportunity as you plan for your life after the military. This program matches civilian opportunities to your job training and work experience at the end of your military duty. In addition to opportunities such as Credentialing/ Tuition Assistance and the Post 9/11 GI Bill® program, you can enhance your marketability and post-separation career prospects by participating in a SkillBridge opportunity. With US Aviation Partnerships, such as with United Aviate, SkillBridge Interns have the opportunity to interview with United Airlines before the end of your internship. The interview can result in a Conditional Job Offer (CJO) to fly for United Airlines!
SkillBridge Eligibility Requirements
- Have 180 days of service or fewer remaining prior to your date of separation and you have at least 180 continuous days of active service
- Obtain approval from your unit commander, and
- Agree that participation in SkillBridge can be terminated at any time by the Service if mission requirements dictate.
How to Apply for SkillBridgeApplying for CSP is certainly a process, it is recommended that you begin the process as early as possible.
Base Application and Command
US Aviation Academy
Why Get Out of Active Duty Early?The Airline Industry is all about your seniority number! The sooner you get that number, the more time you will have earning the highest tier possible as a Captain of a Mainline Airline. The earning potential at that tier is $20,000 a month*, so every month you delay, that’s money lost!
*According to GlassDoor.com American Airline Captains make $345,666 a year. This number is likely based on max seniority and is a conservative average. Some may make less; others may make more
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Apply for the next step in your future!
US Aviation Academy is proud to be a Veteran friendly organization. Our Military Veteran Flight Training is led by a fellow Veteran of the 101st Airborne Division, who will guide and mentor you along to ensure your success in our program. Don’t hesitate, apply to start your flight training today!